October 20, 2021
LuMind IDSC, the National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS), and the National Task Group on Intellectual Disabilities and Dementia Practices (NTG) recently submitted a formal letter to the United States Department of Health and Human Services Advisory Council on Alzheimer’s Research, Care, and Services urging them to establish a special subcommittee to focus on how HHS can improve the diagnostic and clinical supports available to adults with Down syndrome and other intellectual and developmental disabilities. The letter requested specific action on these priority areas:
- Access to adequate clinical care
- Increased support for research for DS-AD
- Access to new Alzheimer’s disease therapies
- Inclusion of people with Down syndrome in clinical trials
- Access to long-term services and supports
Read the full letter, here.